Monday, November 30, 2009

Could I make money with a beauty/fashion blog?

I'm 17 and my sister is 15, and like most of you our family is pretty strapped for cash right now. I work a part-time job at Hollister but that barely covers my needs, let alone helpful to my family.





I was browsing on Youtube the other day and I found all these videos with girls showing you how they do their hair and make-up, and to be honest they're pretty crappy videos, but they still have hundreds of thousands of views!





So since I have a Macbook with the nifty camera, I was thinking that me and my sister should start a Youtube account showing everyone how to do their hair and make-up in certain styles that I always get asked how I do it.





Along with that I was thinking I can add a link to a fashion and beauty blog where I can post fashion advice, beauty tips, put together outfits, etc. I think I'd be really good at it, and if I got enough traffic to my page I could make money with advertisements!





What do you think of all this? Could it work? What service would you recommend for the blog? Any advice would help out a lot, I'm completely new to all of this! :)Could I make money with a beauty/fashion blog?
Yeah, you can make money with advertisements!


You can sign up to Google AdSense and get people to click on them.


But you can't write ';PLS CLICK ON MY ADS!'; though... Lol


I earned about 25$ in a couple of weeks... That's not bad for a start !


When you get more hits, you will get more clicks and earn more.


You could also choose the pop-up option so everyone who visits clicks.


I'll click on your ads for you, if you want !


Good luck ! ;]Could I make money with a beauty/fashion blog?
It will really just depend on the quality of your videos.


If they are :


- Helpful


- Explain throughly


- Give advice on products and where you can buy them





I think you could make some money, but unless you get a fan club or something... you won't make any great amount of money. It's worth a shot though.





Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
quick loan